Al Abbazia pin-up photographer
Florida based photographer and artist, Al Abbazia, creates pin-up with a unique twist
"I have always been in love with art. I traded in my charcoal and brushes for a camera and computer five years ago and haven't looked back"
Born in Brooklyn, New York, Al has spent half his life in Florida. An actor for most of his life, he found a new passion for photography and art around 2006. With the talent of his wonderful models, Al creates a unique brand of retro, as well as modern pin up.
"My biggest influences in pin-up are Gil Elvgren and Ralph Burch. Also being a fan of animation (especially anything Pixar), I try and tell a story (or part of a story) with my images. Something beyond the beautiful model you see. I am honored to be in such great company."
Exhibitions and shows:
- Halloween Pin ups - Baby Grand's Dueling Pianos - Orlando (2011)
- Pin ups and Pasties - Baby Grand's Dueling Pianos - Orlando (2011)
- Rhubarb - Substance Gallery, Orlando (2011)
- Art Nights - OLV Cafe - Orlando (2011)
- Dreamers and Doers - Urban Rethink, Thornton Park (Feb 2011)
- Texas Hold Em Poker Tours Quarterly - Orlando (2010, 2011)
- Fresh - Taste, College Park (2010, 2011)
- Martini Avenue - The Art of Al Abbazia - College Park (2009, 2010)
- Light up Orlando - Orlando (2005)
- Other People, Other Art - Orlando (2005, 2007)
- Art and Music at Lake Eola - Orlando (2004, 2005)
Network with Al Abbazia on Facebook.