Hubert De Lartigue pin-up artist
His precise and delicate rendering combines the French pin-up aesthetic of Brénot and Aslan with the American aesthetic of Alberto Vargas, George Petty and Gil Elvgren
"Hubert de Lartigue is the only contemporary artist whose pin-up work I have collected extensively and exhibited in my gallery, along side the works of the great artists of the golden years of pin-up"
Louis K Meisel (The Great American Pin-up)
Hubert De Lartigue was born in 1963 in Angers, France. He started to work as an illustrator while studying at the Ecole Duperré and the Ecole Estienne and has produced many covers for science fiction books and board games. In the past decade or so he also starting painting pinups.
- 1988 - Model maker in packaging studio (at the Erick Studio, now Publicis Design)
- Since 1989 - Illustrator and independent graphic designer, with work in the packaging field as an illustrator and freelance agent. Developed a more personal style through the illustration of many covers of science fiction books. Organized and exhibited in group and one-man shows
- 1996 - Published a book of illustrations, Super Heroines, with Soleil Productions
- 1998 - Taught illustration classes in a private course of graphic arts. Illustrated the "Impossible Portrait of the Month" in the magazine Playboy France - also worked for Playboy Greece
- 1999 - Published a portfolio of 12 Pinups with Editions BD.SF
- 2000 - Exhibited in group show Pin-Ups 2000, Louis K. Meisel Gallery, New York
- 2001 - "Figure it Out", Louis K. Meisel Gallery, New York, NY, 27 January - 24 February
- 2004 - "Great American Pin-up- Vintage and Contemporary Works", Louis K. Meisel Gallery, New York, 11 September - 2 October
- 2006 - "Femmes artistes (peintures recente)", Galerie Frederic Bosser, Paris, France, 20 February – 10 March
- 2007 - Bernarducci Meisel Gallery, New York, NY, 4- 27 October