Robert Mills pinup artist
Commissioned by Playboy models and pro-team cheerleaders, US artist Robert Mills began his career in pinup around a decade ago
"I'm fascinated with drawing women’s faces which led to pinup - it's usually a face, hair, pose, body or concept, which will inspire me to start an illustration"
Robert Mills was born and raised in Southern California. He can always remember drawing even as young as being in the highchair. As with all kids, it started with drawings of comic heroes and cartoon characters. Then in high school, that changed evolving into women. His high school art teacher was an important influence: "My teacher would have a large amount of books and magazines for reference. I'd go through the fashion magazines and that’s when I started to draw women." That is also when he discovered the airbrush. From that point, it was onto college where Robert continued to refine his skills. During college, he was involved with several exhibitions including a one man show.
"I work fairly large, about life-size," says Robert, "and it's a compliment when someone sees a drawing and they say 'That's so & so'." Right now, his interests are only in glamour and pinup art.
Here is a selection of past exhibitions and shows:
- Erotica - Max's Erotic Art Studio, Santa Ana - Apr 2004
- Glamourcon 37 - Los Angeles Hilton - Nov 2005
- Illusions - Gallery 17, Costa Mesa - Sep 2006
- Glamourcon 40 - Los Angeles Hilton - Nov 2006
- Grand Opening- Lunaray Studios, Costa Mesa - Jun 2007
- Glamourcon 42 - Los Angeles Hilton - Oct 2007
- Peep Show - Lunaray Studios, Costa Mesa (headline artist) - Oct 2007
- Glamourcon 43 - Los Angeles Hilton - May 2008
- Tricks & Treats - Carlos & Troy's, Newport Beach (solo show) - Oct 2008
- Glamourcon 46- Los Angeles Hilton - May 2009
- Pinups & fetishes - Crew Salon, Costa Mesa - Feb 2010
- The Dirty Show - Los Angeles - Jun 2011